This year’s National Safety Council (NSC) Safety Congress and Expo will be at the San Diego Convention Center, September 16-22. It’s one of the leading tradeshows in the industry and one the team at Liberty Safety has been attending every year for over a few decades and counting.
Each time we go, we learn a little bit more about the ins and outs of this amazing event. And this year, we have put together some tips on how you can get the most out of it and offer you some suggestions on what not to miss while you are there.
We are also excited to announce we will be entering four new products into the New Product Showcase Awards. We are hoping, of course, that you will vote for the one that impresses you the most!
Look for the Liberty Safety lineup when online voting starts on August 16th – you can find more info here.
So, whether it’s your first time or your tenth time, you are sure to benefit from the before, during, and after the Expo tips we are sharing below.
Before the Expo
Brace yourself, because there is going to be a lot to see. “It’s the one tradeshow that manages to meet the demands of a huge variety of safety professionals and industry experts all under one roof,” said Jenny Ko, Marketing Manager at Liberty Safety.
Because there will be so many people and lots of events too, you will want a plan of action before you even step out onto the Expo floor.
It’s a good idea to create a list of the companies and products that are of interest to you that will be at the show. You can ensure you know where to find them by downloading the Expo map on the official Expo website where you will also be able to get a list of all the exhibitors.
The next decision you will want to make before you go is to decide what events you want to attend. There will be keynote speakers, education, training, and coaching sessions available each day of the Expo.
And, in some cases, by attending the 2022 NSC Safety Congress & Expo, you are eligible to earn Continuing Education Units, Continuance of Certification, and Certification Maintenance Credits.
One more tip before you go — look carefully at the fine details in the information provided for each event. Some of them require you to register prior to the start of the Expo.
During the Expo
Regardless of your plan of action, you will not want to miss out on what is sure to be an exciting lineup of events and speakers.
Here are the ones you will want to know about:
- Keynotes: The keynotes are always an impressive lineup of professionals. This year’s opening keynote speaker is former NASA Astronaut, Mike Massimino. He will be discussing resilience and adaptability in times of change and uncertainty.
- Technology Pavilion: The NSC is launching an all-new Innovation and Technology Experience, which will allow Expo attendees to engage directly with the most promising solutions on issues ranging from ergonomics to workplace fatality prevention. Jump into one of the tech talks for lots of insight and industry knowledge.
- Division/Section Meetings: Learn about the latest and emerging industry news and issues when you attend one of these meetings. If you are already an NSC member it’s included in your membership. If you are not a member you can register for any meeting for an additional fee. The agendas will be posted during the Expo. View the lineup here.
- Networking opportunities: The Expo is a prime place to build business relationships. Where else can you meet so many safety professionals all under one roof? Be sure to visit the “Time Out Lounge” while you are there so you can not only mingle but also get a quick refreshment. You will find TVs with live sports streaming there too so you catch up on the latest scores too.
- The Campbell Institute Forum: As the leader in “helping organizations achieve and sustain EHS excellence” the Campbell Institute forums are not to be missed. This year they are hosting two workplace safety forums during the Expo. Join the conversation and hear c-suite leaders provide advice and insights for organizations like yours.
- Professional Development Seminars: Choose a one or multiple day immersive workshop that can prepare you for a variety of safety professional exams or just ensure you are up on the latest industry focus. Keep in mind that each Professional Development Seminar (PDS) requires a separate registration fee.
- The New Product Showcase
The New Product Showcase is your opportunity to see some exciting new products, services, and technologies. Now in its 8th year, it gives all Expo attendees the opportunity to vote for the best new products in the safety industry. It’s a highly visible and well visited site that you will find located centrally on the Expo floor.
Speaking of the New Product Showcase . . . Take a Sneak Peek at Our Entries
An innovative collection of rugged, cut resistant gloves, offering light to heavy-duty cut resistance, will be our entries into this year’s New Product Showcase. The four products we have chosen represent the type of products that keep us inline with the market trends and its technological advances.
“This year, Liberty Safety embraced a new name and brand image, so we chose the best of the best,” Jenny Ko said. “Our team is very excited to present them to the professionals they were designed specifically for.”
Liberty Safety will be entering the following products:
The FROGRIP® I-GRIP™ A3 Cut – 21 Gauge Cut Resistant Gloves is the first of its kind for Liberty Safety. These gloves feature a foam nitrile palm coating that provides excellent grip in wet and oily conditions. With a state-of-the-art knitted shell, it allows maximum breathability, meaning improved comfort for working hands similar to a bare-hand feel. Without compromising durability, the I-Grip™ Cut Resistant Gloves provide a strong grip plus touchscreen compatibility.
Introducing the FROGRIP® Ultra-Y™ Grip A5 Cut Resistant Gloves with Nitrile Coating and reinforced thumb crotch. Made with a proprietary engineered yarn shell, these double-dipped sandy foam nitrile palm coated gloves are suitable for wet and dry environments. With excellent abrasion resistance and durable grip, these gloves are form-fitted to reduce hand fatigue, provide touchscreen compatibility, and increase all-day comfort.
Meet our new and revolutionary FROGRIP® Ultra-Y™ Grip A5 Cut Resistant Gloves with Proprietary Foam Coating providing the dexterity needed for hard-working hands. Form fitted with excellent tactility, they have excellent grip, and are touchscreen compatible. Now, you do not have to compromise hand protection to connect with touchscreen devices or machines.
Take a look at the DayBreaker® Charger FLX™ A5 Impact Work Gloves. With a hi-vis green/orange ergonomic TPR on the back of the hand and fingers, these dark blue engineered yarn shell gloves provide a comfortable and flexible fit. With ultimate durability and increased grip, these touchscreen compatible gloves provide all-around hand protection needed in working environments.
After the Expo
Remember all those business cards you collected at the show? After the Expo is the time to follow up with those people you exchanged cards with. Many of them you will also probably find on LinkedIn so do not forget to grow your network online too!
Now, it’s time to explore and sort through that bag of goodies you came home with. Immediately after the show is the best time to weed through all of it and save what you think you will want to reference later. Keep your mind open to new possibilities as you review all the information you received. There could be opportunities in there that you had not considered during the show.
Now, take a deep breath and decompress from all the hustle and bustle of the past few days. And once your head has stopped spinning, it’s time to start thinking about next year!
Keep an eye out for the Liberty Safety team. You’ll see us on the floor wearing branded polos and lanyards or at booth #2517. And if you have any questions about the new or existing products, stop by our booth and we’d be happy to give you answers. Lastly, don’t forget to vote for any one of our new cut-resistant gloves! We are sure once you see them, you’ll know they are winners!